The Coface Group has substantially contributed to the performance and growth of a vast array of businesses since its establishment.
As the Coface Group has become increasingly international – after being established in France in 1946 - it has contributed considerably to the measurable performance and growth of businesses of all sizes worldwide. As a result, the Coface name has become synonymous with the development of trust among economic players.Top
- Coface is established as a French company specialising in export credit insurance.
- The start of international expansion. Gradual development of the network in new countries, most notably Germany and Austria in 1991 and UK and Italy in 1992.
- The creation of The Coface partner network, a worldwide network of insurance companies, business information agencies, multiline insurance companies and factoring companies.
- Coface becomes privatised. The Group continues to handle public guarantees on behalf of the French State.
- Coface becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Natixis, the financing, asset management and financial services arm of the BPCE Group, France’s second largest banking group.
- Coface's activities become refocused on credit insurance, its traditional core business.
- Coface achieves a direct presence in 66 countries with guarantees delivered in nearly 200 countries.
- The launch of Coface Global Solutions (a set of services aimed at multinationals) and Top Liner (complementary cover to the classic credit insurance).
- The Coface IPO is launched on the regulated market of Euronext Paris on 2nd July 2014 with the resulting shareholding, as follows: Public: 58.50%; Natixis: 41.24%; Employees: 0.26%.
- Coface's direct presence in 67 countries with guarantees delivered in nearly 200 countries.