Coface in Australia
Coface in Australia
As the Coface Group has become increasingly international – after being established in France in 1946 – it has contributed considerably to the measurable performance and growth of businesses of all sizes worldwide. . As a result, the Coface name has become synonymous with the development of trust among economic players.
Coface Australia Branch is a part of the Coface Group, worldwide leader in credit insurance, offering solutions for trade receivables management for companies around the globe. It is also a part of the Coface Asia Pacific Region headquartered in Hong Kong. Coface Australia Branch has its head office in Sydney, and has offices in Melbourne. It has been advising and supporting companies in Australia through the process of providing security and management of their domestic and export trade receivables since 2000. After being granted an Australian Insurers License in 2008 by the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority (APRA), our clients can be confident that they are being afforded full protection under the local regulatory scheme.
- Coface enters the Australian market through a third party, managing company that underwrote Coface policies on behalf of Coface SA.
- Coface Services Australia is launched.
- Coface Australia starts operating as an APRA authorised local branch, subject to Australian regulatory rules.
- A Coface Partner Network agreement is signed with Veda Advantage, our key information supplier and Easy Number partner.
- A new strategy is created - Coface Australia to focus on the core business line of Trade Credit Insurance and to maintain the related business lines of Debt Collection and Business Information mainly for internal needs within the organisation.
- Coface launches its new branding and identity - the name “Coface Australia” to be replaced by the trade names Coface or Coface Australia Branch for all future communication, in accordance with Coface Group Standards. (We maintain our registered name: COMPAGNIE FRANÇAISE D’ASSURANCE POUR LE COMMERCE EXTÉRIEUR, BRANCH IN AUSTRALIA).